I spent a long time this morning searching for an Easter recipe to use up some Easter chocolate. I saw brownies, cheesecakes, rocky road etc. I really wanted to make some crispy cakes or as my family call them, crispos. Crispy cakes are too small so I decided to make something similar but made in a tray that still tasted like crispy cakes! So here’s how to make my little creation.
I don’t like strict recipes because every time I go to bake something, I get really nervous about having the exact measurements. With this fridgebake, it’s all about using as much as you fancy.
*DISCLAIMER: I STARTED OFF ONLY USING ONE EASTER EGG, I JUST MELTED MORE*
- Melt the chocolate Easter eggs in the microwave or as a bain-marie over a medium heat until smooth.
- In the meantime, place the digestive biscuits into a small bag and crush until fine but make sure to leave some chunks to add texture to the mix.
- Place the crushed digestives into the bowl of melted chocolate.
- Chop your choice of chocolate (I used Oreo Dairy Milk eggs) into random chunks and place in the chocolate mix.
- Mix together until fully combined.
- Slightly crush your cornflakes into the mixture gradually and mix until fully combined. (I used seven handfuls but you can use as many as you like depending on how chocolatey you want your mix to be.)
- Grab a baking tray of your choice and line with baking parchment to avoid the mixture sticking to the tray.
- Pour the mixture into the tray and add any bits of chocolate that you fancy on top to make it look extra yummy. (I chopped Creme egg and Twirl bars and added them to mine and it tasted amazing!)
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes- 1 hour (if you can wait that long!)
- Serve as you fancy 🙂
These are the perfect little way of using up Easter eggs and taste just as fab as they look.
WHY NOT HAVE A GO ????